CUNY Scholarships Coordinator in New York, New York
Job Title: Scholarships Coordinator
Job ID: 21777
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2020 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
The Scholarships Coordinator will report to the Scholarships Specialist. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain scholarship records.
• Assist in developing scholarship award and application criteria for newly-funded opportunities.
• Monitor service requirements of scholarships as applicable.
• Coordinate scholarship applications via the School’s online application tool.
• Confirm student eligibility before and after review by the awarding committees.
• Ensure the application of awarded scholarships.
• Research and respond to student and staff inquiries regarding scholarships.
• Create, send, and respond to correspondence relating to scholarships, including award letters, non-award letters, and discontinuance letters.
• Maintain and update scholarship web content.
• Facilitate the work of scholarship award committees.
• Attend recruitment and information sessions as needed.
Bachelor's degree is required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience in a higher education setting supporting scholarship activities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (with an emphasis in Excel skills).
• Experience with PeopleSoft (or CUNYFirst).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with multiple deadlines.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration, and other stakeholders.
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
• Proven problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrated the ability to work with a diverse population.
• Commitment to understanding student enrollment processes.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and provides financial aid information.
Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay cycles, disburses funds and resolves disbursement problems, and records awards, disbursements and returns
Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the disbursement of scholarships and grants by verifying student eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as needed
Supports the College's enrollment management efforts by providing financial aid information to prospective students, their families and their high school counselors
Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan providers
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $51,153.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 21777 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please attached resume and cover letter.
February 28, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.