CUNY Thermostat Repairer (Provisional) - Building & Grounds / Facilities Management and Planning in New York, New York
Thermostat Repairer (Provisional) - Building & Grounds / Facilities Management and Planning
Under supervision, test, maintains, repairs and replaces various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems; performs related work.
Installs tubing, pipe and fittings in connection with various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning.
Checks existing control installations to determine nature and cause of trouble and makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments.
Uses pneumatic and/or electrical devices to check control installations.
Sets and calibrates thermostats on walls and fixtures.
Requisitions parts as required.
Supervises assigned personnel as required.
Keeps work records.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Controls Technician for Building Management Systems (BMS), Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems. The chosen candidate will be responsible for completing service calls; in addition to working on larger projects, under the direction of a Chief Engineer or Administrative Superintendent.
• Problem solve and maintain VAV Boxes
• Install DDC (Direct Digital Control) Controllers - (Thermostats (pneumatic and digital)
• Install and handle Low Voltage Wiring
• Troubleshoot, test and commission BMS & HVAC Systems and Electronics
• Read and understand Mechanical Plans and Wiring Diagrams
• Coordinate work with other Trades (i.e.: Electricians, HVAC Technicians and Plumbers)
• Document work and procedures
• Analyze and correct communication issues with college IT
• Work according to project timelines and required processes
• Work on construction sites and follow required safety measures
• Work with repair crew when necessary.
• Work may include Power Connect/Disconnect
• Install tube, pipe and fittings in connection with various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating,ventilating and air conditioning.
• Check existing control installations to determine nature and cause of trouble and makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments.
• Use pneumatic and/or electrical devices to check control installations.
• Set and calibrates thermostats on walls and fixtures.
• Requisition parts as required.
• Supervise assigned personnel as required.
• Keeps work records (written/digital).
Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a thermostat repairer acquired within the last ten years; OR
At least three years of experience as described in 1 above and either sufficient experience in the thermostat repairing field as a helper or apprentice, or sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade, technical or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining experience. Six months
of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of the above helper or apprenticeship experience or training.
• A driver license valid in New York State
• Controls Technician, Instrumentation Technician, Electronics Technician or similar Diploma Obtained from Accredited Educational Institution and/or Equivalent Requirements as Established by Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (SASTT).
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access)
• 2+ years of field experience in digital controls.
• Experience in Honeywell digital Controls including problem solving.
• Previous Experience with DDC Programming.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 24847.
Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please include:
Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on August 24, 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the position/s remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.