CUNY Vice President- Finance, Human Resources, & Business Development in New York, New York
Job Title: Vice President- Finance, Human Resources, & Business Development
Job ID: 22669
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
With wide latitude for independent judgment and action, the Vice President for Finance, Human Resources and Business Development, reporting to the President, is responsible for the following operations: Business Development & Contracts, Continuing Education and rentals, Revenue, Accounting, Budget and Business Operations, Bursar Department, Human Resources, the Tax Levy Payroll, Non -Tax Levy Payroll and the Hunter College Foundation finances.
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage and lead directors in the general operations of the Finance and Business Services Division of the College. Divisions include the following departments: Budget, Accounting, Cash Management, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Bursar, Human Resources, Payroll, Campus Office Services (Duplicating and Mailroom) Department at three of our campuses, Continuing Education, College Theatre, and Central Reservations (other rentals).
• In consultation with the Vice President of Facilities, plan, direct and oversee the budgetary activities of Facilities and Capital Projects of the College.
• Oversee the financial, accounting, budgeting and reporting activities of The Hunter College Foundation, Inc. Ensure compliance with funds and track the performance of an $110 million-dollar endowment.
• Serve as the primary liaison with the Foundation’s investment managers; attend and present at the Foundation’s Budget, Audit and Investment Committee meetings and provide support to the Board of Directors as needed.
• Oversee the preparation and analysis of financial statements, 990 tax returns and other financial reports as required by the University Controller’s Office, Office of the State Comptroller and the College.
• Responsible for treasury management including cash management, banking relationships and credit card operations.
• Serve as a security administrator on all bank accounts; monitor cash activity and the College’s short-term investments with a view toward preserving and protecting the College’s assets.
• Manage the financial operations of the College’s related and separately incorporated entities including the Hunter College Foundation, Inc., HCF Renovation Foundation, Inc., Hunter College Auxiliary Enterprises Corporation and The Children’s Learning Center at Hunter College. Serve on the Board of Directors for both the Hunter College Auxiliary Enterprises Corporation, as Chair of the Board and The Children’s Learning Center at Hunter College as Treasurer.
• Direct, coordinate and manage selected business and auxiliary services of the College, including Dining Services, Bookstore, and Vending Contracts, Dormitory contracts at three locations and oversee all insurance related issues.
• Preside over internal control practices, develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, New York State and New York City regulations; coordinate both internal and external audits; serve as both the Internal Control Officer and Audit liaison with CUNY’S Controller’s Office.
• Present and collaborate with committees such as the College Senate, Senate Budget Committee, and Faculty, Planning and Budget Committee as well as other governing boards as part of the decision-making process to implement strategic plans and academic visions.
• Guide and direct the finances of the Research Foundation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the President of the
This position is in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience.
• Business or Accounting degree.
• Certified Public Accountant Certification preferred
• Ability to simultaneously manage a wide range of disciplines
• Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Strong presentation skills
• Experience in the CUNY system preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Candidates must also be prepared to have two letters of reference tendered promptly upon request.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on September 9, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.