CUNY Administrative Manager- Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies in Queens, New York
Job Title: Administrative Manager- Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies
Job ID: 21741
Location: Queens College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, the Administrative Manager of the QC Center for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies oversees all administrative aspects of the Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies Office.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Provides day-to-day management and development of this unique center; providing organizational management for programs and projects not limited to budget and personnel
• Oversees all department HR Functions, bookkeeping and accounting, (deposits, payment requests, purchasing, inventory, financial statements) and budget proposals, as well as the day-to-day fundraising needs of the Center and the subsequent community outreach that this requires.
• Works closely with both the Center's Director and its Advisory Board in terms of short and long term strategic planning for both the Center and the Program.
• Coordinates all lectures, meetings, conferences, community outreach events and publications for the Center. Each year, the Administrative Manager organizes and oversees the Center's annual graduation and scholarship dinner, which is attended by several hundred people, and is widely considered to be one of the more prestigious events in the Greek American Community.
• Working alongside the Director, assists with the planning of all course offerings for the Program, submits them to the Registrar and co-ordinates all cross-listing of courses with other QC departments. The successful candidate
• Manages the in-house student library (over 6,000 volumes) and assesses the need for new purchases of books and journals and manages the library's overall operation.
• Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and procedures that will enhance efficiency and student services
• Assists the Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings, and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
• Responsible for all grant writing and research for the Center's grant proposal submissions; serves as point person for the Queens College lkaros Greek Club, which has a membership of over 200 students, on average; responsible for our Center's marketing and public relations needs and acts as the liaison with the Greek American Press and Media based in US, Greece and Cyprus and oversees all press releases.
• Chairs committees and attend community based event
• May provide curriculum assistance to students
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
-Minimum of 4 years related experience in higher education
-Demonstrated track record of community liaison and fundraising
-Fluent in Greek
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Flexible hours: May include occasional evenings and weekends
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages administrative and program activities of an academic or administrative unit.
Manages administrative aspects of department operations such as admissions, recruitment, scheduling, facilities management, and events.
Serves as Office Manager, supervising and training staff, managing financial operations and budgets, and coordinating technology, equipment, security, and building maintenance requirements.
Represents management in meetings and activities related to department administration.
Maintains archives, inventories, or collections of materials or records needed by the department.
Works with fund-raising, marketing, technology, and other personnel to provide information and participate in Campus or University-wide initiatives.
Collect information for, produce, and distribute department reports covering program, fiscal, and human resources issues
Independently carries out unit activities such as approvals, student interactions, and participation in campus- or university-wide committees and projects.
Job Title Name: Administrative Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and education
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
Go to cuny.jobs
In the box under "job title/ keyword", enter "21741"
Click on "Administrative Manager"
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
February 26, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.