CUNY Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness in Queens, New York
Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness
Add to My Favorite Jobs
The Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness plays an important role in the cultivation and maintenance of a strategic mindset, and deployment of best practices with respect to accreditation, assessment, program review, and strategic plan implementation. Reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs, with a dotted line reporting to the President of the College, the Associate Provost will oversee the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, whose staff have expertise in specific areas of the Office’s oversight. The Associate Provost and their staff comprehensively support the academic and non-academic enterprises of the College by providing vision, leadership, and execution so that decisions are informed by sound institutional data. The Associate Provost will work closely with a multitude of areas to manage and guide institutional change, including Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Budget and Finance, Compliance and Diversity, University Advancement, among others. The Associate Provost sits on the President’s Cabinet.
The Associate Provost will work closely with the Provost, President, and other senior-level leadership to lead the College's institutional regional reaccreditation process, as well as with academic Deans to support program-level accreditation. The Associate Provost oversees support for a broad range of institutional research activities, external institutional and scholarly funding endeavors, and the prioritization of recurring and ad hoc data requests from internal and external audiences.
Co-lead and manage the institution’s regional reaccreditation process
Provide vision, leadership and direction to the design, prioritization and implementation of institutional research data analysis and assessment activities
Ensure the integration of data into decision-making and planning
Ensure the appropriate documentation and archiving of institutional data and its impact on institutional processes, outcomes and policies
Provide guidance on how data is analyzed and utilized on behalf of institutional effectiveness and change
Ensure that data collection and analysis, and recommendations based on that, are communicated to the appropriate audiences
Serve as authorized liaison officer (ALO) for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), and keep abreast of developments that may affect accreditation by attending conferences and serving in appropriate roles with MSCHE (e.g., as a peer evaluator)
Work collaboratively with senior management on issues of assessment, including general institutional effectiveness and measurements of student success and learning
Manage institutional research data systems and other resources
Work collaboratively with Deans and Department Chairs on the evaluation and implementation of departmental academic program reviews.
Work collaboratively with Deans and Department Chairs on the assessment of student learning
Provide data to support academic, institutional and research grants
Liaise with, and ensure responsiveness to, Institutional Effectiveness officers at other CUNY campuses and with CUNY central administrators
Supervise and manage staff
Perform other duties as assigned
Queens College, a senior college of The City University of New York (CUNY), offers a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to teaching and research. Students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, relate to various cultures, and become leading citizens of an increasingly global society. Queens College has an enrollment of approximately 17,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Approximately six hundred full-time faculty are committed to scholarship, research, and creative work as well as teaching and mentoring our undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students.
Queens College is seeking an innovative and forward-thinking Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness. This individual will play an integral role in ensuring that Queens College is not only compliant with national best practices, but also emerges as a model of innovation in the areas of assessment, accreditation, and strategic planning.
Located in a residential area of Flushing on a campus of 80 acres in the Borough of Queens— the most ethnically diverse county in the United States—Queens College provides affordable access to higher education and embraces its special obligation to serve the larger community, in keeping with its institutional motto, "We learn so that we may serve."
The Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness will be an integral and valued member of our accomplished team.
This position is part of CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience
· At least three years of experience in data analysis, statistics, qualitative and quantitative research design, and/or program evaluation in higher education
· Doctoral degree in Social Sciences, Education, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field. Candidates should note that, though an underlying faculty appointment is possible, it will be contingent upon review and approval of the successful candidate’s scholarly record
· Five to eight years of experience in data analysis, statistics, qualitative and quantitative research design, and/or program evaluation in higher education
· Knowledge of emerging trends in methodologies of evaluation, survey research, statistics, database management, institutional and student assessments
· Proficiency with electronic data management and analysis systems, programs, and tools
· Exceptional organizational, analytical, and communication skills
· Experience and conversancy with regional accreditation standards and processes
· Excellent written communication and organizational skills
· Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range $160,000 - $175,000, commensurate with education and experience
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
· Go to cuny.jobs
· In the box under "job title/ keyword", enter "27400"
· Click on "Associate Provost of Institutional Effectiveness"
· Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
· Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience and a CV/resume as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
· Selected finalists will be asked to provide the names and contact information of at least three (3) professional references
· **Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JD/Resume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
Open Until Filled with review starting 10/26/2023
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.