CUNY Certification Coordinator in Queens, New York
Job Title: Certification Coordinator
Job ID: 22723
Location: Queens College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting directly to Director for Graduate and Alumni Relations, the Certification Coordinator is responsible for working with faculty, staff and candidates (i.e., students) in all academic departments across the Educator Preparation Provider ( EPP) on issues related to teacher certification.
Duties for the position include but are not limited to:
· Recommend students for certification utilizing the NYS Education Department TEACH Online Services system in coordination with the Director
· Update and maintain an updated student database containing confidential information
· Verify student transcripts, degree conferral, enrollment, GPA, general information, and query reports utilizing the CUNYfirst (PeopleSoft)
· Process Institutional Recommendation Requests
· Track and issue student support letters including "On Track" for certification letters for the NYCDOE, and out of state program verifications
· Supports the Director with certification information workshops for students and maintain ongoing correspond with candidates and outside constituents
· Disseminates certification information to candidates, faculty, and staff as needed
· Manage the daily office routines such as: responding to email inquiries, drafting memos and letters pertaining to certification, scheduling , supervising and training of part-time staff, etc
· Monitor changes in certification information on NYSED websites & and provides updates on NYCDOE/Teach NYC
· Monitor and update directors calendar and advise on upcoming high priority items
· Alongside Director, develop and maintain office procedures and methods, including new ways to maximize the use of technology to drive high efficiency within the unit
· Serves as Content Editor for the Teacher Certification Office web site
Bachelor's Degree required.
-Two years of experience working in an academic setting preferred
-Knowledge and experience with New York State teacher certification requirements; experience with databases and data collection; excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated proficiencies in a variety of technology platforms/software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite™, PeopleSoft™)
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized academic program.
Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information about financial aid and registration
Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys; collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and appropriate referrals to students
Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies and procedures
May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
Go to cuny.jobs
In the box under "job title/ keyword", enter "22723"
Click on " Academic Program Coordinator"
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
September 22, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.